Guest post by Claudia Karl who was arrested for complaining about the impact of Brexit on EU Citizens. This, on a day when the Health Service Journal reported that at least 23 nationalities are amongst the staff killed by Corona.
Dear Nicola Sturgeon,
I am one of the unwanted European Migrants in the UK with earnings below £25 600 p.a. and I am writing to you to ask about what the Scottish government is planning to do, or respective if we, the community of EU migrants can count on the Scottish government to protect our rights, our lives and our stay here.
The bill voted through last night has put the 3 Million of EU Citizens into great distress and fear, and Priti Patel’s racist Twitter posts and her racism in general towards us is alarming even more as it goes unchallenged by other politicians.
Can you please answer the following questions to me and my fellow 3 Million EU migrant workers living in the UK?
1. What is the Scottish government’s stance on the issue?
2. How are you planning to protect us?
3. What will happen to Pensions and private pensions we have paid in the UK if we have to leave?
4. What happens to our properties?
5. Will the Scottish government or the SNP challenge the racism issues towards us coming from mainly Conservative Politicians?
6. What legal possibilities have we, the 3 Million got to challenge the issue?
I am looking forward to your response.