Having rewritten a Punk rock song to encourage Jeremy Corbyn to oppose Brexit and save the UK recently, I had the epiphany of realising that Country and Western music is merely Punk at half speed … Thus was born “Theresa May’s a Remainer”, a seasonal Country and Western Brexit Hoedown, written and performed by “The Brexit Cowpokers”. Here’s the animated MOVIE from Mark Duffy and a more acidic homemade film below:
TO KILL THE BREXIT BEAST, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
- Buy the song in the week commencing Friday 14 Dec till 23.59 Thursday 20 Dec on all platforms. EVERY click counts towards chart success and a cup of coffee gets you three copies. Please gift the song to weary Remainers or Leavers in regret, or just your Brexity friends. We are all sick of Brexit. Here are the main links to download – just click the images and follow through:
- Share the project widely with others. Keep sharing throughout the week. We need a minimum of 20 000 downloads to reach the UK Top 40 charts. It would be simple if all the Remainers bought a copy or if the central Remain movements got behind the project. Of course Brexit apathy is a thing and it’s Christmas, so we must press really hard. If we succeed, we’ll inflict more mortal damage on the severely wounded Brexit beast and the stasis that grips our Government.
- If you have contacts in the press, tell them about it using the press release at our “WebStable“. We have just done press items on BBC Radio, Norwegian TV, Kent Messenger, The Sun, The Mail, Metro and KM TV
- We have a Facebook event at A Country and Western Brexit
- If you are able to reach the main Remain movements, please ask them to mail their people. They have 700 000 contacts and we could easily get the song to No 1 with just one click from them !!
- Streaming is available, but please remember this. We need 150 streams to equal ONE download. So if you choose to stream on Spotify, Deezer etc. the best option is to stream on repeat overnight – turn the volume off, we cannot be held responsible for the psychological effects of listening to Country and Western Brexit music for extended periods!! Streaming options via Brexit stream
The Brexit Cowpokers ask our PM to put her spurs on and use the courage of her convictions to go with the will of the people and stop Brexit in favour of Remaining and Reforming Europe. We ask Parliament not to accept Theresa’s false binary choice of “Deal or No Deal”, intended to bludgeon MPs and a weary public into accepting any Brexit at any cost, economically, socially and politically. Chief Cowpoker Peter Cook aka Dolly Mayhem intends to undermine the botched “meaningless vote” on December 11 by getting a single of “more meaningful Brexit music” into the UK Top 40 charts. The song lyrics to Theresa May’s a Remainer give a “Hoedown evaluation” of the Brexit options on the blanket on the ground … If we chart the song on Friday 21 Dec it will:
(a) seriously impact ongoing Brexit chaos, driving yet another stake through the Brexit Hydra’s heart
(b) impact mainstream culture and thereby affect events following the “meaningless vote”.
(c) shake the foundations of Parliament as they are forced to listen to an awful Country and Western song at Christmas !!
Professional singer and voiceover artist Rachel Ashley aka “T May Whynette” said of the song:
“Theresa May is dun for unless she gets on a horse and runs down the wagons of rivals such as Jacob Rees Mogg and the Saddle Bums circling her reservation. Just like Johnny Major, she must hog tie and shoot the bastards with her revolver”
If you want, write a letter to the boss lady … here are a couple of mine …
On the darker side, please enjoy our song for Iain Duncan Smith – Beware the IDS of March …[Top]